oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] rox & oroborus

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] rox & oroborus
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:44:13 +0200

Hi,

* Andre Lerche <address@hidden> [021002 16:00]:
> a few days ago I switched from fluxbox to oroborus and I think this was
> a great choice ;-), but I have 2 questions:
Yea, nice to hear :)

> 1) During startup I start a few progs in xinitrc, for example gkrellm
> and rox as pinboard and top-panel. So, everything is fine, but
> I can't see gkrellm until I click on the background, only then I can
> see gkrellm. Any ideas, how to solve this? With fluxbox I don't had to
> click on the background first.
Well these are NET_WM_HINT issues, only Nautilus2 works currently without
problems. I will hopefully fix that soon, since dotconf (which I will use for
the config file parsing of Oroborus) is fixed now.

> 2) Is it possible to exclude some progs from windowlist and/or mde-panel?
> For example, I don't want to see gkrellm in it.
This is a problem of the panel (mde-fspanel *wont* be extended, try fbpanel,
search on google for it).

But hopefully the next *major* release of Oroborus will contain a "fix" for
this. It will allow to let Oroborus set some hints on newly created Windows.

bye

Stefan

P.S.: You can see a preview of the new Oroborus config file format on:
http://www.dreamind.de/files/example.conf
--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.