Re: [Openvortex-dev] Scatter Gather preliminary patch.

From: Stanislav Kogan
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Scatter Gather preliminary patch.
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:14:27 -0500

Hello.

I've installed 1.0.2c with this patch applied with the following
results:

- The volume seems to have greatly increased. I don't even need to use
eq anymore to increase the volume
- Unfortunetly, Quake is completely uplayable for me now - the sound
in Quake is played much faster and garbled. Also, it stays that way
after I exit Quake, and I need to reboot to fix it, reloading driver
doesn't help.
- If I play 2 streams at the same time, they also play fast, and I
also have to reboot the machine.

Seems like the good old "fast play" bug made a come back.

Best regards.

--

Stanislav Kogan
<*>