[Openvortex-dev] Re: au8810 support patch

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Re: au8810 support patch
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:11:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Manuel Jander wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Sorry for the patch without discussion. Pontus Fuchs was just so happy with
> his AU8810 working, so i decided to just apply it, after i tested my
> AU8820 and AU8830
> working correctly after patching on my local tree.

Yeah, no problem.

> This include ... dont know really. I think we could remove it. Maybe
> useful for
> linux-2.5 ? Pontus ... what can you tell about ?

I had actually forgotten this was in the patch :)
a reason for it is still good to know though...

> Moving the Interrupt enable ... really not needed. Maybe we should put
> it back
> since it doesn't matter if it is done later and it would be nicer to
> have it near
> the interrupt requesting code.

Those were my thoughts as well. If Pontus doesn't say anything I'll move
it back.

As an aside:
I have been looking through the some of the sample rate code. Specifically
at cleaning up src_setupchannel (actually found a compiler bug in
egcs-1.1.2 in the process, which wasted a lot of time...). I tried playing
around with c (pitch sweep) but was not able to discern any difference. Do
you get pitch sweep on your 8830s? Any other ideas about what is going on
this beast, specifically the high byte of the bottom word of
VORTEX_SRC_U0??

-Jeff