Re: [Openvortex-dev] Update

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Update
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 17:41:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Manuel Jander wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I updated the ALSA patch.
> -Now it supports recording.

Congrats with this!

> -The wavealloc functions changed a little.
> -Bug fixes...

I too have gotten sick of the memory corruption of the oss driver and have
decided to move entirely to alsa. Attached is a patch that begins adding
support of au8830.

The patch mainly changes the values in au8830.h as well as quick job on
au8810.h. It makes the vortex_fifo_init code more generic. (the last
part of it is still quite a mystery to me. Manuel, where did you get the
value 0x843 from?). It also add AU8830_CHIP AU8820_CHIP and AU8810_CHIP
defines for doing chip specific things in the code.

The patch is completely untested aside from compilation.

-Jeff