[Openvortex-dev] Things to be uncovered

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] Things to be uncovered
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:08:51 -0400

Hi everyone,

I would like to say that there are still things that need to be discovered on the Aureal cards:

-AU8810 and AU8830 hardware equalizer. Semes easy, but
there is still some ASM code to be translated. I dont have such a card
so can anyone with a AU8830 or AU8810 help please ?

-WT DMA engine audio routing. Its absolutely clear how to control that
DMA engine, but howto route that audio to the codec is unknown. Somehow, that part semes to have been ripped out of the Linux binary driver. I'm trying to disassemble the Windows driver, but i haven't been able to find any decent Windows VXD disassembler. The assembly output i get is just nearly unusable, no function detection, no relocation, neither a decent text formating :-( they are all crap. This would us allow to implement a Wavetable engine. There is a lot of code in the ALSA driver that could be recylced for this purpose.

As far as i can tell the Aureal Windows driver has been developed with VxDTool, a windows driver Visual Basic style driver development enviroment.

-Obviously, would be cool to discover howto to program the A3D filters :-D, but that would have the last priority in my opinion.

Vy the way, the SRC semes to be cappable of some kind of special effects. If the 3 bit of SrcSetupChannel() is set, the sample rate conversion ratio varies continuously, sliding the pitch of the sound down. Very strange but sounds cool :)

Best Regards.

Manuel Jander.