[Openvortex-dev] ALSA Vortex driver nearly complete.

From: Manuel Jander
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] ALSA Vortex driver nearly complete.
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 20:47:21 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a Vortex ALSA driver, recycling most hardware stuff from the experimental OSS driver on savannah. I only own a AU8820, but support for the other cards shouldnt be difficult, because anything was done with portability in mind, and i keep looking into the other cards disassembled binary driver from time to time.

Right now the MPU401, ac97 mixer and the gameport work.
PCM audio is still broken, because the period acknowledge
doesn't work well. That means you get sound, but the buffer
doesnt update correctly.

The au8820-driver (OSS) doesn't has this problem, but it has some buffer related bug that causes memory corruption. I dropped further OSS driver in favor of the ALSA driver, because that way i can concentrate on the Hardware part.

I'll be uploading it on CVS in next days.

Best Regards

Manuel Jander.