Re: Packages for EL8 distros?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Packages for EL8 distros?
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 23:00:56 -0400

David Levine <levinedl@acm.org> writes:
> I package nmh for Fedora.  It won't build for EPEL 7 and I haven't figured
> out how to get it into EPEL 8 and 9 to try.

FWIW, I have a locally-built RPM that works just fine on RHEL8.
I started from the Fedora 28 sources (which was more or less the
branch point for RHEL8).  The specfile didn't need any changes
according to my notes; the only problem was getting hold of the
build dependencies.  nmh wants w3m which wants perl-NKF which
you will not find in core RHEL8.  You can get it from the
codeready repo though.

                        regards, tom lane