Re: Packages for EL8 distros?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: Packages for EL8 distros?
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 19:50:52 -0700

Tom wrote:

> I'm in the process of standing up a new Alma Linux 8.6 server for the
> company's forseeable future, and I was wondering if you had plans to
> distribute a new nmh package into EPEL for RHEL 8-based distros, or if I
> need to compile it myself for this particular build? Hoping for the
> former, obviously, but - the boss sure looooooooves his MH email, and
> uses nmh to navigate it.

I package nmh for Fedora.  It won't build for EPEL 7 and I haven't figured
out how to get it into EPEL 8 and 9 to try.  I might not have time for a
while.  If you want to take a look, that would be very helpful.

If you want to build an rpm yourself, this should work:

    wget http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/plain/build_nmh
    sh build_nmh -drv -b 1.7-release

and respond to the prompts.  The RPM will be put in the RPM/RPMS/<arch>
directory below the installation.