netsukuku-vala

Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Planning test

From: Luca Dionisi
Subject: Re: [Netsukuku-vala] Planning test
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:19:06 +0200

First, I am not sure it is a good move. It depends on the size of the community.
The program is unstable and could very well block the network for a
number of reasons.
If the network is large and many users rely on it for their daily
communication needs, then this test will probably result in a bad
reputation for netsukuku. On the other hand, if the users are aware of
the tests going on and are willing to have a temporarily broken
network, then go ahead.
What IP ranges do they use for the networks? Maybe we can coexist.
Do they use the network to get Internet access?

Second, I have no testing plans at the moment. Proceed with any test
plan you can imagine. Take note of what you want to verify and the
steps you follow.

Third, I am interested mainly in proving that the protocol works
correctly and does scale. Optimizations for the wireless world, I will
face this problem later.