nano-devel

Re: Please release nano under less restrictive license so we can use it

From: Gur Telem
Subject: Re: Please release nano under less restrictive license so we can use it
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 21:37:42 +0300

Afaik i don't think it’s a problem to distribute the changes we make. They're
more afraid that the fact that something that is open source under GPL is
distributed along with the binaries of the OS might be a problem and somehow
may affect the entire code base.
I’ll try to get the legal team to clarify but if the owners wouldn't cooperate
I don't see how much help that would do.