nano-devel

Copy selected text to host-clipboard

From: BW
Subject: Copy selected text to host-clipboard
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 10:53:18 +0100

I use nano on my headless servers through Windows Terminal.

I just tried out the dte editor which in current beta now support the ability to copy selected text right back to your host Windows clipboard. A really useful feature that I after a few days just can't live without.
Perhaps you could consider adding this feature to nano :-)

I assume you can grab some code-lines from the dte repo (https://gitlab.com/craigbarnes/dte)

If you want to try it out yourself in dte you need to enable the feature this way:
echo "bind -n ^c 'copy -bi'" >> /root/.dte/rc

There is a binary on "https://craigbarnes.gitlab.io/dte/releases.html" at the bottom of the page (dte-master...) if you don't wanna build.