Re: ssl: unsafe legacy renegotiation

From: SZÉPE Viktor
Subject: Re: ssl: unsafe legacy renegotiation
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 20:31:49 +0100

Hi,

Google the error and solution. Either update SSL on the cable modem “server” if you can or modify Monit (the client) yourself.

Upgrading ssl is not possible on cable modem, therefore as I stated in my original email:
It seems re-configuring OpenSSL it is possible to do systemwide, but I would like to avoid doing so.

I was hoping there is a way, similar to ssl options {version: TLSV1,... } to enable this setting just for this particular check in monit, not systemwide, as this opens system to CVE-2009-3555.

Thanks.

Hello!
You can always install a small web proxy server.
e.g. https://github.com/tinyproxy/tinyproxy

SZÉPE Viktor, webes alkalmazás üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
~~~
ügyelet 🌶️ hotline: +36-20-4242498  sms@szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület