Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: Is there a way to tell Monit to monitor by default all new services?
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 11:14:10 +0300

(This email is related to my other one, where on reboot I sometimes
encounter a situation when Monit seems to forget its state and set all
services and items on unmonitored.)

At the moment I explicitly set for all my services and items `mode
passive onreboot nostart` because I don't want Monit to start / stop
any services;  I just want Monit to monitor and report.

However when adding a new service (or when Monit starts without a
state file), by default Monit sets all the services and items on the
state "unmonitored".

Is there a configuration option that would by default set everything
to monitored (but not start / stop)?  Something like say `mode monitor
onreboot nostart`.

Thanks,
Ciprian.