Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitore

From: Ciprian Dorin Craciun
Subject: Re: Sometimes when restarting Monit it resets all services to unmonitored
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 07:29:00 +0300

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 10:39 PM Lutz Mader <lutz.mader@freenet.de> wrote:
> Hello Ciprian,
> are you using one of the distribution specific monit packages or the
> tildeslash monit package.

I am using the distribution specific package.  Although the patches
added by OpenSUSE are minimal according to their build and they
involve mainly the configuration file:

    https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Leap:15.1/monit

> Check the used scripts in /etc/init.d please.

I use systemd with a custom service unit.

Basically it starts monit as `monit -c /.../conf -I`.

Other settings pertaining to shutdown (or that would trigger an
improper shutdown) would be:

~~~~
# when stopping send SIGTERM, wait 60s then SIGKILL
KillSignal = SIGTERM
SendSIGKILL = true
TimeoutStopSec = 60s

# limit number of processes / threads and memory
TasksMax = 32
MemoryMax = 256M
~~~

Ciprian.