Repeat alerts for CHECK PROGRAM

From: Sebastian Arcus
Subject: Repeat alerts for CHECK PROGRAM
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 20:55:13 +0000

Hello all,

I am struggling to configure Monit to repeat alerts for the CHECK PROGRAM stanza. I have in my global section:

SET ALERT <my_email> WITH REMINDER ON 720 CYCLES

then further down:

CHECK PROGRAM sa-update WITH PATH "/bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/sa-update'"
   IF STATUS > 1 FOR 3 CYCLES THEN ALERT

This only sends an alert once when the return status changes for 'sa-update' - but doesn't send further reminders. The documentation and online examples seem to suggest that I should keep on getting regular alerts while sa-update returns status higher then 1. But I don't. The daily reminders work fine though for the other types of checks - such as CHECK HOST.

I have tried to add "WITH REMINDER ON ..." - but Monit doesn't like that syntax - although there is one example using it in the online docs.

I run Monit 5.25.2

Any help appreciated