Unable to stablish a Hierarchy

From: Oscar Segarra
Subject: Unable to stablish a Hierarchy
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 20:17:49 +0100

Hi,

In my environment I want to be sure the gluster volumes are started up and published through NFS.

glusterd service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it

glusterfsd service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it (but it has to wait a while for glusterd to be started + 10 seconds)

nfs-ganesha service (must be up) <-- If down, monit has to restart it (but it has to wait a while for glusterfsd to be started + 10 seconds)

showmount -e localhost | grep nfs-vdic-mgmt-vm (check if nfs-volume is being exported) <-- If returncode!=0 it has to restart service nfs-ganesha + 20 seconds

showmount -e localhost | grep nfs-vdic-images (check if nfs-volume is being exported) <-- If returncode!=0 it has to restart service nfs-ganesha + 40 seconds

In my environment, I have realized that monit is trying to restart nfs-ganesha 3 times simultaneously. I'd like to introduce a kind of "wait" and a dependency.

Is it possible to achieve this with monit?

Thanks a lot.