monit restart service after reload

From: Terry Duncan
Subject: monit restart service after reload
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:04:23 -0800

I have a script which does a monit reload and then a monit restart service. The monit restart returns 0 for success but does not actually restart the service unless I put a sleep 1 after the reload. This seems like a bug. If it is not going to work, it should return non zero. I am also not sure how deterministic the sleep work around is. Is 1 second a sufficient delay to ensure it is going to accept the command?

Thanks,
Terry