notification of (action) restarts aren't sent

From: Jo Rhett
Subject: notification of (action) restarts aren't sent
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 11:21:41 -0700

So I’ve installed monit 5.2.5 from EPEL. I realize this is old, but want to
ensure that this isn’t a configuration issue. Can someone point out to me if I
did something wrong here?

I’ve configured it send all alerts to my address, which works. If I leave
instance alerts on, I get notified every time monit stops and starts.

The restart works properly — the service is restarted, but no e-mail is sent.
If I enable “nonexist” alerts, I get an alert that the process doesn’t exist,
and then an alert that it has been started. That’s two alerts, and I’d like
just one. I want the “action” alert, but one is not being sent. If I disable
both instance and nonexist, no e-mail is sent when the service is restarted.

The documentation says:
> In each test you must select the action to be executed from this list:
>        ·   RESTART restarts the service and sends an alert.

That underline is in the man page for emphasis. However I’m not receiving the
alert that it was restarted.

Config:

set alert address@hidden
  only on { action, connection, content, data, exec, fsflags, gid, icmp,
invalid, permission, resource, size, timeout, timestamp, uid }

check process apache
  with pidfile /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid
  group apache
  start "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
  stop "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
  if failed host localhost port 80 protocol http request "/robots.txt" for 2
cycles
    then restart
  if failed host localhost port 80 protocol apache-status waitlimit < 20% for 2
cycles
    then alert
  if 3 restarts within 5 cycles
    then alert