Re: content match

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: content match
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 13:51:54 +0200

Hello Petra,

there is no native support for pausing monitoring for x seconds after some
event occurred.

It is possible to wait for x errors before the event is triggered (i.e. require
multiple occurrences of the problem) - i’m not sure if it corresponds your
needs in this case, example usage:

        if match “my_string” for 2 cycles then exec “my_command”

=> the “my_string” pattern will have to occur in the file for two consecutive
cycles before the “my_command” is executed.

If you need to execute the command on first error occurrence and pause the
monitoring you’ll need to “unmonitor” the  service (“monit unmonitor
system.log”) … you can call this from your exec action’s script - to enable the
monitoring after x seconds, you’ll need to do “monit monitor system.log” - for
example scheduling it from the same script using “at”.

Regards,
Martin