Monit Problems

From: Bhawani Uday Singh
Subject: Monit Problems
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 18:16:51 +0530

Hi All,

I need to create a monit configuration file for network interface lo.

The format for a network interface is:

CHECK NETWORK <unique name> <ADDRESS <ipaddress> | INTERFACE <name>>

I am making the command as

Check network lo

It says "lo not found"

Another question I had was how to reduce the number of alerts. I get an alert every 2 mins for a particular service. By using

set daemon n (n being the number of seconds here)

Does make all the alerts restricted to the number of seconds defined here. I wanted a particular service alert to be recieved after a certain time period. So I put a line set daemon 600 (to receive alert after 10 mins) in the monit.cfg of this service. But I'm now getting all the alerts after 10 mins only.

Could someone please cast some light on the same.

Thanks