Re: pagerduty integration with M/Monit

From: Nathan Williams
Subject: Re: pagerduty integration with M/Monit
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 08:11:16 +0000

Pagerduty also accepts emails.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015, 1:12 PM Christopher Wood <address@hidden> wrote:
Maybe instead of using their wrapper, see how you can call the pagerduty binary/script directly?

/usr/local/bin/pagerduty

https://github.com/pinterest/pagerduty-monit/blob/master/pagerduty-trigger

In that script:

/usr/local/bin/pagerduty -k "$PAGERDUTY_SERVICE_KEY" -i "$INCIDENT_KEY" --description="$DESCRIPTION" trigger

The $DESCRIPTION is just

EVENT="$1"
HOST=`hostname -s`
DESCRIPTION="$EVENT failed on $HOST"

You can likely produce the message you want as long as you can pass the remote hostname from mmonit. (As to how, sorry, only used monit itself.)