Re: no suitable credentials found in monit configuration file

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: no suitable credentials found in monit configuration file
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 11:56:04 +0100

Monit users are independent of M/Monit accounts - if you want to be able to
perform actions (start/stop/restart/monitor/unmonitor) for Monit services via
M/Monit, you should add the "allow <username>:<password>" to Monit and set the
same in M/Monit's Host admin for the given host (if the mentioned allow
statement is present when Monit registers, it will set it automatically). If
you don't want to use the actions from M/Monit, you don't need to add
additional allow statement to Monit if you use for example PAM or IP address
access control already and if it's sufficient in your environment.

Regards,
Martin