Re: Execution failed

From: Kevin Chadwick
Subject: Re: Execution failed
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 19:45:02 +0100

previously on this list Martin Vaner contributed:

> When i run my script directly from console, the script is working
> without any issues.
> This is another problem what i have encountered before.

Are you sure the script is returning 0 when run as whatever user monit
runs as?

In other words if you run the script as the monit user with && echo
"returns 0" afterwards does it echo?

p.s. A pid file existing is not the best check of whether a process
exists. You would be better off using the inbuilt process checker or
pgrep -f "replace with a regex of the processes unique string" despite
what any "howtos" tell you.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)