RE: Getting Issue with Cloned machines and "host_monitid_unique" key

From: Roose, Marco
Subject: RE: Getting Issue with Cloned machines and "host_monitid_unique" key
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 11:59:21 +0000

Dear Monit team,

this is a common issue (cloning VMs is an everyday task or maybe you just have a VM template with an installed monit) and I thought about how on could solve this annoying problem.

Maybe one could implement a possibility to renew the id file from M/Monit. And/or one could think about adding an command line option to monit which does the same:

monit renew-id

Maybe this would be a feature to add in the next release?

Best regards,

Marco