Re: Cannot open connection via TCP.

From: Aswin Roy
Subject: Re: Cannot open connection via TCP.
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 12:11:04 +0530

I've fixed the problem. I had to change the bindaddress inside my.conf file of mysql.
bindaddress was set to localhost, had to change it to 0.0.0.0

Thanks for the help.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Markus Heinze <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Am 2013-06-06 13:45, schrieb Martin Pala:

The 127.0.0.1 is loopback (local-only network) => you cannot access
it from other network hosts.

You have two options if you want to test it:
1.) reconfigure MySQL to listen on any network interface
2.) or install monit on that machine and test it via 127.0.0.1

But first - i think you should read some linux administration and
network basics, as it's dangerous to try monitoring something when you
don't understand how it works.

think tunnel port 3306 through ssh maybe the best solution

regards max

--
Aswin Jose Roy
Computer Science and Engineering (2010-2014)