SSH Monitoring problem

From: Alexandre Vilarinho
Subject: SSH Monitoring problem
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:25:08 +0000

Hello all

I´m using the following configuration to monitor SSH servisse

# seção para o ssh
check process ssh with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
      start program = "/etc/init.d/ssh start"
      stop program = "/etc/init.d/ssh stop"
      if cpu > 30% for 10 cycles then alert
      if cpu > 40% for 8 cycles then alert
      if cpu > 50% for 4 cycles then restart
      if mem > 25 MB for 6 cycles then alert
      if mem > 50 MB for 4 cycles then alert
      if mem > 75 MB for 2 cycles then restart
      if totalmem > 80 MB for 6 cycles then alert
      if totalmem > 100 MB for 4 cycles then restart
      if failed host 0.0.0.0 port 2233 type tcp protocol ssh with timeout 5
seconds then restart
      if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
      if totalmem > 160.0 MB for 4 cycles then alert
      if totalmem > 200.0 MB for 6 cycles then restart
      if children > 100 then restart
      if totalcpu > 35% for 10 cycles then alert
      if totalcpu > 45% for 8 cycles then alert
      if totalcpu > 65% for 4 cycles then restart

After I restart monit there is no error messagens, but when I access monit
webpage there is a message that ssh service is not being monitored.

Is the configuration wrong?

Atenciosamente

Alexandre Vilarinho
Gerente de Engenharia de Rede IP/TI