Mode stop

From: Manwe
Subject: Mode stop
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 18:08:02 +0200

Hi all

This is my forst mail to the list. I've tried to search if my question was
already placed and I found this:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2005-08/msg00036.html

Is this implemented somehow? I need to be sure that a service is stopped until
I want it to be started.

If I have a service in manual mode and I exec "monit stop foo" it will stop but
it can be started by an upgrade or by hand afterwards and the service will be
unmonitored. I'd like to be sure that the service is being monitored and will
be stopped by monit because its status is stoped.

Same as with active at the moment.

cheers,

Jon