Re: Handling load of servers during backups

From: Eduard Kracmar
Subject: Re: Handling load of servers during backups
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:38:16 +0100

Hello again.

I tried to configure monit using "not every", but won't help, today
again lot of resource limit reached emails in my mailbox.

this is one server, got emails at 5:56, 6:20 etc.

check system mimiteh.dannax.sk
    not every "0-2 * * * *"
    not every "5-6 * * * *"
    if loadavg (1min) > 10 then alert
    if loadavg (5min) > 6 then alert
    if memory usage > 80% then alert
    if swap usage > 25% then alert
    if cpu usage (user) > 80% then alert
    if cpu usage (system) > 35% then alert
    if cpu usage (wait) > 25% then alert

another server, got emails at 5:13 etc.

check system sajko.dannax.sk
    not every "5-6 * * * *"
    if loadavg (1min) > 4 then alert
    if loadavg (5min) > 2 then alert
    if memory usage > 75% then alert
    if swap usage > 25% then alert
    if cpu usage (user) > 70% then alert
    if cpu usage (system) > 30% then alert
    if cpu usage (wait) > 20% then alert

What am I doing wrong ?

PS: I'm getting digest and it's complicated to compose email from it
(change subject etc.). Can't be mailing list configured to send me
every message right away ?

--
s pozdravom Eduard Kracmar

DANNAX, spol. s r.o.
vyvoj internetovych a intranetovych aplikacii
poskytovanie webhostingovych sluzieb

E-mail: address@hidden
Web:     http://www.dannax.sk
Cell:    +421 905 724771