Re: Need help in configuration mail alert for monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Need help in configuration mail alert for monit
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 19:18:31 +0200

Monit supports plain authentication with the SMTP server ... it seems that your SMTP server doesn't support it. You can get the list of the authentication types on your SMTP server this way:

$ telnet <your mail server> 25
EHLO <hostname>

... the server will respond with something like this:

250-foo.bar ESMTP
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN

You can try to use some other SMTP server (for example Gmail SMTP servers support the plain authentication).

Regards,
Martin