Re: Monitoring directory/filesystem write activity

From: Pablo Iranzo Gómez
Subject: Re: Monitoring directory/filesystem write activity
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 03:03:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

De: "Are Gravbrøt" <address@hidden>
Para: address@hidden
Enviados: Miércoles, 30 de Marzo 2011 8:52:45

Hi!

I have an application that is supposed to continuously write data files to a directory, say /data.

Is there any possibility in monit to easily check that data has actually been written to one or more files under /data since the last cycle?

I think that a checksum over the directory would help. I used a similar setup to have a monit monitor a secondary monit and restart if if there were new rules created for it (for allowing users to create new rules and have them automatically monitored).

Regards
Pablo

--

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (address@hidden)
Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant (RHCA, RHCSS, RHCDS, RHCVA, RHCE, RHCSP) #804006196923216