RE: openvpn config

From: Kamenik, Aleksander
Subject: RE: openvpn config
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:17:47 +0100

Pretty much copypaste from the manual, what problem did you have?

check process openvpn with pidfile /var/run/openvpn/openvpn.pid
        start program = "/etc/init.d/openvpn start"
        stop  program = "/etc/init.d/openvpn stop"
        if failed host x.x.x.x port xxxx type udp then restart
        group net
        depends openvpn_init
        depends openvpn_bin

check file openvpn_init with path /etc/init.d/openvpn
        group net

check file openvpn_bin with path /usr/sbin/openvpn
        group net

The host is the server's, where it listens for client connections. Works for me.

One could also monitor hosts on the other side of the vpn, though that's
probably not such a good idea.

Regards,

Aleksander Kamenik
System Administrator