RE: Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when chec

From: kenichi.futatsumori
Subject: RE: Problems : start action status is always "failed to start" when check process with matching
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 10:55:47 +0900

Hi.

I checked those points. ... a)  Execute and Permission is all ok. b) No problem.

And start script "jajs_spmd"  is normal end status.

But I found  a workaround(?).
Modifing a source "util.c", I added the following code which it is called
"initprocesstree"  in the function "Util_isProcessRunning".

------
int Util_isProcessRunning(Service_T s) {
  int   i;
  pid_t pid = -1;

  ASSERT(s);

  errno = 0;

  if (s->matchlist) {
    /* The process table read may sporadically fail during read, because we're
using glob on some platforms which may fail if the proc filesystem
     * which it traverses is changed during glob (process stopped). Note that
the glob failure is rare and temporary - it will be OK on next cycle.
     * We skip the process matching that cycle however because we don't have
process informations - will retry next cycle */

/* added by futa */
initprocesstree(&ptree, &ptreesize, &oldptree, &oldptreesize);  <------  Added
/****/
    if (Run.doprocess) {
      for (i = 0; i < ptreesize; i++) {

By this modifing, start action is normal end, not "failed to start".

I seems this.

Function "initprocesstree"  isn't called  after start action.

Because matching function compared with a process's tree whichi is before start
action,
matching function is not matching ---- "failed to start"

Am I right in this guess ?

Thanks, Kenichi Futatsumori  in Japan.