Re: viewing monit on multiple computers

From: Daniel Rich
Subject: Re: viewing monit on multiple computers
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:18:02 -0700

If you have the budget, M/Monit is a good option.  If you're like me and you don't have $300 laying around (I use monit on my home machines, not going to pay for those) there are a couple of other options.

If you run Nagios there is a plugin that will query your monit servers.  You can find it at: http://code.google.com/p/nagios-monit-plugin/.  I haven't used this much yet, but added it to my Nagios setup to see how it works.

If you feel like writing some code you can query monit for its XML output.  The URL is http://<hostname>:<port>/_status?format=xml.  You can then parse that and display it however you like.

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
If you go to Monit's website at mmonit.com and download M/Monit it is a good start. M/Monit has a small license fee to help us continue develop Monit and M/Monit though.