[monit] Calling monit -g groupname from cron/logrotate. Need to suppress

From: Brian Gupta
Subject: [monit] Calling monit -g groupname from cron/logrotate. Need to suppress informational messages.
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 19:23:28 -0400

When we issue "monit -g mongrel restart all" from crontab many times
we see the following messages:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?
monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?
monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?
monit: Cannot connect to the monit daemon. Did you start it with http support?

It seems that the monit command will keep trying to reconnect to the
monit server, until the command completes. Because we see these
messages frequesntly we get alot of email from cron/logrotate. (Which
I have to dig through to make sure nothing bad really did happen).

We really only want to know if monit completely fails to issue the
restart command.

Any advice here? (Is was thinking maybe the differnt conditions have
different return codes which I could trap, or monit might spit certain
messaages to standard out vs standard err.)

Thanks,
Brian

--
- Brian Gupta