Re: [monit] multiple email alerts for the same event in 4.10.1

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] multiple email alerts for the same event in 4.10.1
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:06:52 +0200

Hi,

there is mismatch between the global "set alert" statement (address@hidden ) and local "noalert" statement (address@hidden) ... the noalert won't thu suppres the global alert since the address is different.

The "match" test will compare the changes in the given file and send alert on every match on-the-fly (when match is found for some pattern the alert is send immediately) ... this may be source of several emails in one cycle.

You can also use the -v option which enables verbose output (you will see when monit send mail and why ... if you'll add -I option, it will go to terminal as well, otherwise to log) ... we can then compare the output and explain the reasons.

Thanks,
Martin