Re: [monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 23:52:28 +0200

Hi Tony,

the problem was, that the vsyslog() is missing on AIX (and HP-UX) ... i have added the alternative implementation if it is missing.

You can checkout the last cvs version - it should be fixed.

Thanks,
Martin

Tony Gunia wrote:
Hi Martin,

OK...when I uncompress the CVS in to the current directory of
/usr/local/src/monit-5.0-beta1 and configure/compile, I don't get as far, and
get this error:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .vsyslog
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
make: *** [monit] Error 1

Are there only certain files/directories that I should replace from the beta?
Thanks for your continued assistance.

Anthony
address@hidden