Starting a process manually

From: Vince Vega
Subject: Starting a process manually
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:24:30 +0200

Hi,

I've installed monit to monitor a service. The problem is that once monit starts (as a daemon), it automatically starts the service to be monitor. The service is a part of distributed system (on several different machines), and I need to start all the services at once. So I have two questions:

1. How do I state in the monitrc that a service should not be started automatically ?

2. When I try to start the service in the command line, I get the following error:
"Cleattext credentials needed for basic authorization!"
(in the monitrc I have the line:
set httpd port 2812 and
        allow crypt /usr/local/my_app/monit/passwd password
)

I've tried to find the answers on the web, on by searching the mailing list archive, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
  Vince