Re: monit and sendmail

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit and sendmail
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:41:51 +0200

On 23. aug. 2006, at 19.17, Kevin Maguire wrote:

On 8/23/06, Bernd Petrovitsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> sending a QUIT command when checking there is something listenin g on
> port 25?

Did you try it with `telnet` to see if it helps?
Last time I tried sendmail issued another message if you close the
connection after EHLO.

Indeed.  It seems to log something whatever you do,
HELO+MAIL+RSET+QUIT logs , HELO+QUIT logs, HELO+VRFY+QUIT logs.  I
could not find any combination that does log something or other.

Oh man, not much we can do in monit then, short of actually sending a mail? Please let us know if you find a solution we can implement.

Or take a look here, http://www.postfix.org/ :-)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland