Email Alert

From: Ian Blaney
Subject: Email Alert
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:53:55 +0200

Hi

Could someone please point out what I am doing wrong here. I am unable to get the email alert to work. I have exim running as my MTA and am able to send email directly from the command line but it does not seem to work via Monit.

This is a copy of my logfile with the error message when it tries to send the alert

[EDT May 25 22:15:41] Cannot open a connection to the mailserver 'localhost' -- Transport endpoint is not connected

If I try and setup a SMTP server address with

set mailserver 80.190.135.227

I then get the message

[EDT May 25 22:19:35] Cannot open a connection to the mailserver '80.190.135.227' -- Bad file descriptor

Can anyone shed some light on my problem

Thanks
Ian Blaney

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net