Re: Alerts on restart

From: Nils Ohlmeier
Subject: Re: Alerts on restart
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:50:02 +0200

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 12:48, Martin Pala wrote:
> Nils Ohlmeier wrote:
> >But i have a little questions:
> >is it possible to send alert messages only if monit (re)started the
> > program because it detected the failure of the program?
>
> Maybe i don't understand exactly what are you asking for. Do you want to
> differ starts which were made by monit because of:
>
> 1.) monit detected failure during protocol, resource tests, etc.
> (process is running but functionality test failed)
> 2.) or wheter monit detected that the program isn't running at all
> (process doesn't exist)

sorry for being not precise. What i meant is:
It is possible to differ between a (re-)start of a program because monit
detected any error. Or because a user called from a command line 'monit start
foobar' (probably the user stoped the programm before this for some maintance
and starts it now again).

I only want to get a warning mail if monit started the program again because
it detected a failure of this program. But i'm not interested in getting a
mail if a user/admin stoped and restarted the program for any reason.

Keep up the great work.

Greetings
  Nils