[Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic i18n workflow?

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] MapOSMatic i18n workflow?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:17:32 +0100

Hello,

I will do a small presentation on MapOSMatic internationalization next
week[1]. I would like to talk about our code but also our
infrastructure and workflow using Transifex. Could someone refresh my
mind on that side?

As far as I remember :
 - we have strings to internationalize in ocitysmap (back-end) and
maposmatic (web front-end) modules;

 - we use language specific Python code for index generation;

 - through Django, we generate PO files, one for each module and
language. We use home made i18n.py script file for that;

 - those PO files are uploaded to transifex (automatically?);

 - translated PO files are downloaded from transifex (automatically?)
and integrated (how?) into our dev git tree (which one exactly)?

 - the dev git tree is pushed on dev.maposmatic.org for tests and
sometimes merged into www.maposmatic.org for word consumption.

Has anybody any stats on our i18n effort, like number and extent of
supported languages?

Best regards,
david

[1]