Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract develope

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Put source repository on github to attract developers?
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 22:36:21 +0200

On 19.04.2013 21:29, Hakan Tandoğan wrote:
Hi,

Yes, thanks to the magic of distributed version control systems, we can
just push the code to github and periodically update it there. If and
when pull requests really come in, we can apply them to the savannah
repo. There is no huge change to the current workflow for developers who
are not yet part of the core team.

I will set up the pushing part on my Jenkins instance this weekend then
if no one disagrees.

Hi,

I have created an organization "maposmatic" on github, mirrored the current state of the source tree(s) to repositories created for this organization and set up jobs on my machine to automatically repeat those mirroring steps.

Also, I have created a "developer" team [2] in this organization and added everyone to it who did contribute anything to the source (according to the commit logs) and already has an account on github. I hope you guys were not spammed too much by mails :-)

As with transifex, let's let this mirroring run for a while and play around a little bit with forks and pull requests. If and when github proves more fruitful than what we already have on savannah, we can discuss again about a full switch.

Regards,
Hakan

[1] https://github.com/maposmatic

[2] https://github.com/maposmatic?tab=members

And with the tickets, I would wait as well. No reason to break
everything at once :-)

Regards,
Hakan