Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Use simple language codes when country specificatio

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Use simple language codes when country specification isn't necessary
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:31:42 +0100

Hi,

On 04.01.2013 14:40, Guttorm Flatabø wrote:
> Could you please make nl and hr also country neutral. As long as we only
> have one version of the language it is not necessary to make have it
> country specific. Brazilian and European portuguese are probably to
> different for there to be a single "pt".

Patches for nl, hr and ast sent to the list. Please review and commit as appropiate. Portugese (pt) I left as it is as I'm not sure anymore what our agreement on this was.

> I've removed the warning about the transifex repository not being in
> use, and opened it for all Transifex members to make it easier to
> contribute. This means that you should look for signs of spammers or
> pranksters when pulling translations (and hold back translations for
> veification if unsure), it easy to close only to team members if
> problems should arise.

Next thing I'll do will be to update some README's pointing to transifex and add the script I'm running on my locale machine. As those changes would not touch any python code, I would go ahead and push them to master myself.

> I could not find any dev documentation about how to translate, but seem
> to remember there being one, that should now point to Hakan and
> translation contact and Transifex as translation platform.

See above :-)

Regards,
Hakan