[Maposmatic-dev] Database import

From: Maxime Petazzoni
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Database import
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:23:16 -0700

Hi all,

I'm about to start a new full planet import for MapOSMatic. I'm using
the latest PBF extract from September 26th. Hopefully this import is
ODBL data only (should be, right?).

I'm running the import on PostgreSQL 8.4 on a machine with 24 cores at
2.67 GHz, with 40GB of RAM, and more importantly with the database on a
FusionIO ioDrive2 device. I'll then move the data over to
gis2.maposmatic.org and bring our Postgres instance back to life.

I'll keep you posted. For now the download of the planet.osm.pbf is
ongoing, ETA 10min.

/Max

--
Maxime Petazzoni <http://www.bulix.org>
 ``One by one, the penguins took away my sanity.''