[Maposmatic-dev] Japanese Translation

From: Hal Seki
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] Japanese Translation
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:50:33 +0900

Dear MapOSMatic developers,

I'm Hal Seki, very new to here.
Recently I have been involved in an activity of mapping disaster area of
Tohoku earthquake occurred last year.
I strongly want to print the map like MapOSMatic style, but the official
site doesn't have Japanese interface.

I found Higashi-san had been working on the localization and sent language
resources (.po files) to you once in this thread.
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/maposmatic-dev/2011-04/msg00000.html

There are some issues to use MapOSMatic in Japanese.
- User interface (There is no 'Japanese')
- Labels are not printed on the map (Font problem?)
- Labels of POI index are not printed correctly (Font problem?)
- Sort key of index.

If some of them is difficult, just fixing font problems are useful for us at
least.
Or I can try to fix it by myself if you point me out any hint.

Regards,
--
Hal Seki
Georepublic Japan CEO / Open Street Map Foundation Japan