Re: [Maposmatic-dev] using different fonts

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] using different fonts
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:06:04 +0200

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Gürkan Sengün <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello
Hello,

I'm not subscribed to the lists, and my questions is how hard would it
be to replace the font from the PDF or to add different fonts
This wouldn't be a good idea even if it can be done. Even if you have software that could replace the fonts, it's going to get messy real fast. Think for example about the halo drawn around fonts on the map.

to be used when creating maps? I would like to suggest the URW Nimbus
Sans L (Helvetica clone) to be used, it just looks
so much nicer.
That is of course another matter entirely. One could relatively easily set up their own copy of the MapOSMatic infrastructure and edit the OcitySMap stylesheets to use the font in question. Whether the hosted demonstration version running on mapsomatic.org will provide the stylesheet with that font, I cannot say; it's not my decision to make.

--
Gürkan Sengün

Best regards,
Jeroen