[Maposmatic-dev] [bug #36647] Add Portuguese (pt-PT) translation and loc

From: RPome
Subject: [Maposmatic-dev] [bug #36647] Add Portuguese (pt-PT) translation and localization for portuguese speaking countries
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:25:24 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #36647 (project maposmatic):

I forgot to tell about sorting order (I think it has something to do with
those python files). At this moment if I render a map in MapOSMatic with
Brazilian portuguese language selected I get the following index sort:

* D. Francisco Manuel de Melo (Rua)
* Diario de Noticias (Rua do)
* D. João de Castro (Rua)

but it should be:
* D. Francisco Manuel de Melo (Rua)
* D. João de Castro (Rua)
* Diario de Noticias (Rua do)

although the following sort order is correct (extracted from an actual
MapOSMatic map index):
Dr. Alfredo Bensaúde (Avenida)
Dr Alfredo da Costa (Rua)
Dr. António Granjo (R.)

this one in the middle (Dr Alfredo da Costa) has a typing error since period
(.) is missing and should be fixed in OpenStreetMap, but this happens a lot so
would be better to keep this sorting order in this last example.

If this is a lot of work, just ignore. All those abbreviations should be
cleaned in OpenStreetMap (Dr. > Doutor; D. > Dom; etc.)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36647>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/