Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [OSM-talk] [HOT] Fw: Disaster Preparedness Project

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] [OSM-talk] [HOT] Fw: Disaster Preparedness Project
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:12:56 +0200

Hello Samuel,

Le Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:14:15 -0700,
Samuel Mandell <address@hidden> a écrit :

> This is close. The only paper size option I get is "Best fit" which
> in this case is (64 x 127.1 cm2) which is pretty big. What the
> project needs is being able to select a page size like A4 or A6 (or
> just decide on one) and then divide the map into chunks of that size.
> The other part is having the index be on separate pages. This
> increases the complexity in two ways:
>
>    1. You have to now lay out the map on A4 sized chunks and then
> split them up. This will mean that you'll get a little extra of the
> map than you need 2. The index will need a new dimension which is the
> page. So the index of a street would be page, x-axis, y-axis

Generating such a booklet format is definitely on our TODO-list, and
dev.maposmatic.org has the infrastructure to provide user-selected
formats. However, we haven't had the time to write the booklet
generator yet. We welcome patches, of course :-)

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                http://thomas.enix.org