Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Features from the Code Sprint?

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Features from the Code Sprint?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:27:00 +0200

Hello Kate,

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:09:55 -0400
Kate Chapman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Being able to use multiple style sheets and select from different
> paper sizes is of interest to me.

Great. For the multiple style sheet feature, we will only offer a
choice between a predefined set of stylesheets for the moment. Of
course, we are very open to adding as many stylesheets as needed, but
allowing users to upload an arbitrary stylesheet is too risky from a
security point of view, since Mapnik stylesheets contain SQL requests.
I'm fairly losely following what's going on around MapCSS, as this
would separate the 'presentation' part of the stylesheet from the 'data
acquisition' part.

Concerning the paper size selection, we will definitely appreciate
to ear your feedback on this.

> I checked out those branches and the initial problem I run into is
> when trying to run a test rendering.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./ocitysmap-render", line 31, in <module>
>     from ocitysmap.street_index import OCitySMap, BaseOCitySMapError
>   File "/home/ubuntu/newmaposmatic/ocitysmap/ocitysmap/__init__.py",
> line 32, in <module>
>     raise DeprecationWarning, 'OCitysmap v%s will soon disappear!' %
> __version__
> DeprecationWarning: OCitysmap v0.1 will soon disappear!
>
> I'm assuming that the new library isn't being imported correctly, but
> I haven't had any luck trying to change that.  Warning I'm not a
> python developer at all, I normally do ruby.

Yeah, the ocitysmap-render tool hasn't been ported to the new
generation ocitysmap module yet. David Decotigny has done the work
already, but it's available as (yet another) working branch, that we
hope to merge soon back into the ocitysmap2 branch.

We'll post updates to maposmatic-dev@ and to our blog at
news.maposmatic.org when progress is made on this, and when we'll put
online the new MapOSMatic website for beta-testing.

At the moment, we are blocked a little bit by a lack of proper hosting
for MapOSMatic (the current hosting has become too small, both in terms
of disk space and RAM), and we're therefore trying to find a new
hosting.

Regards,

Thomas
--