Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Update frequency for administrative boundaries

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Update frequency for administrative boundaries
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:55:15 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:46, Thomas Petazzoni
<address@hidden> wrote:

> This is a know problem: every country is different with regard to
> administrative boundary, and we haven't yet found the proper solution
> to handle that. Your feedback and ideas on the matter are very welcome.

Can we not ask Nominatim to return the admin level(s) along with the
result set? i.e. 'Here's the bounding polygon for Oslo, and this is
its admin level; or even better, here's the place id'. Then where
you'd normally call OcitySMap with the city name, you'd call it with
the place id.

*ponders*

Regards,
Jeroen

p.s. I've been rather busy of late, hence my absence on IRC and the
list. I'll manage to tackle the Dutch translation update this week,
though.

--
"That's like saying that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange -
maybe it's true, but anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare